Focusing On Myself

January 17, 2016


Usually when people say they want to focus on themselves, its considered selfish. I don't find this at all. Improving yourself is yes obviously for yourself but this isn't always the case. This year I want to improve myself. 

I'm the first one to admit it (apart from my dad) that i'm probably the laziest person out there. My bed is my favourite place. This year I wanna do something with my life. Get up early to exercise so im not such a lazy blob.

I want to stop being so hard on myself. I like to criticize myself, a lot. This is not a healthy thing to do, it makes you feel horrible about yourself and decreases yourself esteem. I criticize myself in the things that I think I did well on but because the people around me have done better what I have done is not as good in comparison.

My counselor pointed out to me that I have a hard time with telling people my strengths. Whenever she would ask me what im proud of or what my strengths are I would also feel uncomfortable and want to move on. This is because society puts us down for loving ourselves. 

My friend Alaina has been the one to point this out to me. If she's in a relationship and doesn't feel like she's being treated the way she deserves, she gets the hell out of there. She respects herself. It infuriates me when girls are being treated like dog shit in a relationship and still decided to be with that person. I wish girls would be confident in themselves and respect themselves like Alaina to want whats best for them, not the other person. I hope i'm never in this situation of choosing to love myself or another person. 

My whole message from this post is for people to love who they are. You are born being you. So don't change for a boy or because those girls don't like your style. Be yourself. Because at the end of the day people come and go but you will always have yourself.

Rant over.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey! I just wanted to say i think your posts and vids are pretty fab and very relatable! I am 17 and live in Nelson NZ but I also used to live in Hawkes Bay! crazy huh! check me out on insta (charlottehandforth) keep up the cool content x

    ReplyDelete

Follow On Instagram

Youtube